Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

I'm back!!

Friday, March 28, 2008
Nothing like a few days with my "boys," eating constantly (I've really got to get back to Weight Watchers!) and reading (2 1/2 books!) to feel all rested and ready to "take on the world" again!

I haven't seen any movies to give suggestions, but I did get two books read over the last several days and would highly recommend each of them! The first one is called, "The First Patient" by Michael Palmer.



I'm a HUGE fan of murder mysteries and medical thrillers. I'm also a huge fan of Michael Palmer. So, when I saw this fabulous book staring at me at WalMart a couple of weeks ago I just had to snap it up! I put it on my pile of "books to read" while I finished Michael Palmer's "7th Heaven." (Which is also a good book.) Then, a week ago I was at Barnes and Noble looking around and I spy this great-looking book by Michael Palmer! It was called, "The First Patient" and it looked great. So, I bought it, along with a couple of other books. When I got home I took my new purchases to my "books to read" pile and of course I saw my previously purchased copy of the same stinkin' book! Arg!! My brain, my brain, my brain! I told Chris that it almost hurts sometimes when I do some lame-brain maneuver!

The other book I read was called, "Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog" by John Grogan.



This is a true story about the life of a big, goofy yellow lab, from his beginning to his sad, but calm end. It is also about how his new family becomes a family from being newlyweds to a family of five. This particular edition includes pictures of Marley and his family. I recently read that the book is being made into a movie with Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston. It's a fabulous book that sometimes made me feel like I was reading about the life of some of our own dogs!

Well, that's about it. Thanks for not giving up on me while I took my little break. I hope you all had a great Easter.

Thanks for reading.
Annette

1 comments to I'm back!!:

Di said...

Glad you're back. We would never give up on YOU my dear. Thanks for the book reviews, I'm always looking for new suggestions to read.
Hope the sunshine is making you feel good. love, di