Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Hello! Time for some puppy stories!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008
I think I forgot to mention that Asa and Haver turned a year old on August 29th! Only about one more year to go until I can stop calling them "puppies!"



This is their birthday picture. Haver is on the left with the red collar and Asa is on the right. You might notice Haver's nose. Evidently while we were on our cruise, he fought with a wasp and lost. Being like 3 year old, he keeps scraping off the scab, so his nose doesn't look a whole lot better two weeks later!

As many of you know, we have a couple of quarter horses named Doc and Dude. They are basically large, spoiled dogs! Every winter we get big round hay bales for them to eat. They were just delivered a couple of weeks ago. It's amazing how much fun a couple of two-legged and four-legged boys can have with big round bales of hay!

This is Chris (our youngest, 25, professional photographer) climbing/jumping to the top of the bale with Asa ad Haver watching.








Haver and I are on a shelf/2nd floor/storage area of the barn. Poor Haver couldn't get up on the hay bale. Asa, on the other hand, basically flew up there! He is such a HOPPER!! This picture shows Nick (our oldest, 27 (in 16 days), 2nd year surgery resident) LITERALLY stopping Asa from trying to jump from the hay bale to the shelf where Haver and I are standing!

Isn't Asa a cutie playing "King of the Hay Bale?" You might notice that he now also has a sore looking nose. We have no idea how he got this scrape. He has another one on his top lip. We're assuming it has something to do with being attacked by his brother while playing on the concrete driveway.....???



By the way, we went to our first (and last) doggy obedience class last Thursday. It was really not very helpful and I'm really not in any shape to try to train a 90 pound puppy while in class with his 100 pound brother and two other dogs.

Well, I think that's about it for today. I pray that my phriends (friends who also have pulmonary hypertension) in Houston will be able to get their lives back to some level of comfort very soon.

Thanks for reading.

Annette

3 comments to Hello! Time for some puppy stories!:

Colleen said...

I love your puppy stories! They will always be puppies to me. Heck, I still call Mittens my baby kitty. He is 8. lol Thank you for sharing, my phriend!
HUGS,
Colleen :)

nopitinPA said...

New blogger here, Annette. I just read your post from May 2007 because I googled "I don't have a pituitary gland" trying to find someone else like me. I hope we can be in touch. I'm having tons of trouble regulating... everything, and I'd love to here more about what helps you.

(I'm posting this again here b/c I'm not sure how this whole blogging thing works.)

Barbara Howard said...

Looks like those dogs are having themselves a good time.
I am glad you are back and hope you are rested up now.
I am doing good, I hope you are also.
We are leaving again to the country on tuesday I think.

take care

barbara