Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Go Big Red!! Go Big Purple!!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009
As many of you know, we're a little crazy about our football in Nebraska. We won a HUGE game on Saturday! We played Oklahoma and WON 10-3!!



The place was rocking!


I was a little more excited than normal about winning this game because I had a side bet. A phriend who lives in the Washington DC area is an alumn of Oklahoma. Three years ago we had a "little bet" going. Nebraska lost that year, BIG TIME and I ended up sending gallons of ice cream to her as payment! This year I told her if (when) Nebraska won that I'd rather have flowers because I was pretty sure the dogs would get to the ice cream before I did and I really wanted to enjoy this victory! Well, today my prize arrived!!





Plus, because Nebraska held Oklahoma to only 3 points, we could take our football ticket stub to a local restaurant and get a free sandwich!

It's good to be a winner!

Another important color this month is purple. November is Pulmonary Hypertension Awareness month.



So, last night at my P.E.O. meeting (a women's philanthropic education organization) I took a bunch of the purple Pulmonary Hypertension awareness bracelets. I announced my good news about my pulmonary pressures being normal at rest and thanked everyone for their continued prayers by giving them an awareness bracelet to wear.



Tomorrow I'll be stepping way outside my comfort level to do something related to awareness month and some local physicians. Tune in Thursday to find out what I did!

Thanks for reading.

Annette

2 comments to Go Big Red!! Go Big Purple!!:

Di said...

You have me on the edge of my seat. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve this time.
hugs, di

Baylee and Blair's page said...

I can't wait to see what you are doing. I wish there was more I could do around here to help out. I haven't even met anyone from my area that has this!

Baylee was her Pediatrician's FIRST case of PH! I hope she outgrows this! ;(

Hugs - Tiffany