Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Recovering and being very, very lazy!

Thursday, October 9, 2008
Obviously, I'm not the only one!

Asa


This guy is really getting into it!



Ever since I've gotten home from the hospital, all Asa and Haver seem to want to do is sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep! EXCEPT that they can't seem to sleep through the night. I think it's like when Nick and Chris were babies and got their days and nights mixed up. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal if they woke up during the night, since they NORMALLY slept in the laundry room at night. But, while I was in the hospital, Rod decided to let Asa and Haver sleep in our room at night.

Last night, something woke them up at 1:30 and they're yipping and yapping, so Rod took them downstairs and put them outside. I was feeling guilty about them being outside all night when it was kind of chilly and so when I woke up around 5:00 a.m. I asked Rod if we should let them in. He did. I don't know why that guy listens to me! We've been married for over 30 years! He should know better! So, he goes down and lets them in, they run up the stairs, jump on our bed and lay down, right in the middle! Asa is first, head to the headboard. Then Haver lays his head on Asa's rear end and, because he's HUGE, his feet stretch to the footboard! We only have a queen size bed! Rod was able to lay on his side and get back to sleep. I was laying on my back and my arm and leg kept sliding off the bed! I was impressed that I actually fell asleep for a while. The alarm goes off around 6:00 am and the only thing that happens is Asa moves up and around Rod's head so it looks like Rod has a giant fur hat! That did give me an opening to push "Mr. Big Boy" over a bit and we all slept nicely until 7:30! Of course, Rod was really late to work, but at least he got caught up a bit on missed sleep!

Oh, it's never a dull moment in the Markin household.

Thanks for reading.
Annette

4 comments to Recovering and being very, very lazy!:

paula54 said...

TOO FUNNY!!!

Colleen said...

I just love that picture!!!! I found my furbaby in this huge box today that I got when my new Kone vacuum was delivered, and he was upside down in it. Wish I had my camera near me!!! Animals seem to get themselves into strange sleeping positions sometimes!

Hugs,
Colleen :)

Wendy's Mom said...

OH Annette! Did you tell Rod that he started something that he may one day regret by not keeping them sleeping in the laundry room?
Wendy use to sleep in the Laundry/Bathroom since mine is the same place. Well after I came home from hospital after havingt CHF the first time I let her sleep with me. Needless to say almost 3yrs later she is STILL sleeping with ME! LOL!!
I do not know if you like your bed or not but this would be an EXCELLENT time to get you a new KING SIZE bed. LOL!!

I love that picture of Asa, he is so cute. LOL!!

Get some rest and please do not over do it.

Love ya,
Sheila

Barbara Howard said...

sounds like it is never a dull moment around there, I do not have any idea how you keep up with all thI am so glad excitement, I am si glad your lungs were clear and you are doing better.

have a good week annette and take care
barbara