Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Another day, another storm, another "day after" the storm...

Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Warning!!! I'm going to make an old lady statement...

I can't remember EVER having such a strange and stormy summer! It is now Friday and we had a storm Wednesday night, with over 5,000 lightning strikes in the Omaha area! Two homes were hit my lighting and were destroyed. Around our house, we had a little bit of tree/limb damage and an orphaned egg.




I gently lifted it and put it in this little "cup" in the tree in the backyard so that the dogs wouldn't step on it. I know that the poor little baby won't hatch now, but I just couldn't stand the idea of it getting smashed.










We had ANOTHER storm last night! Nothing big happened, just a bunch of rain, but this is getting ridiculous! I'm trying to figure out if this weather is a sign that the world is coming to an end. Because, if it is, I'm going to Dairy Queen for a Blizzard!

5 comments to Another day, another storm, another "day after" the storm...:

Barbara Howard said...

Oh wow, I do not like those lightining storms at all, and that dairy quees Blizzard sounds so good, and the way the world is today, it could not stand a whole lot longer, maybe we oughta go get that blizzard
was that a bird egg or what kind of egg is it?
I have been wondering about you and I hope you are doing alright. I just have good days and bad days. seems lately more bad than good.
hugs
barb

Annette said...

I'm not sure what kind of bird laid that egg. I don't think it's a robin egg, maybe some kind of swallow? I've been doing alright, also. The heat and humidity is not very helpful, but, I'm pretty sure that's why God invented air conditioning! Please take care of yourself.
love
annette

Wendy's Mom said...

OMG! Honey do not worry about whether the world is coming to an end or not, go ahead and go get that blizzard and enjoy the HECK out of it. LOL!! What kind ya gonna get us?? LOL!!

The babies are absolutely precious and they are getting BIG!! I just love them so much. LOL!!

Weather wise it has been a really strange year. Not to sure what to think of it.

Stay out of the storms! OKAY?

Love,
Sheila

Colleen said...

I totally agree with Sheila! Go and get that Blizzard no matter what the weather does! LOL!

I love your puppies!!

Hugs,
Colleen :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cutie:))
I agree..Go get that Blizzard..no matter what the weather is doing, it is sure to make you feel better..LOL..I wanna try the thin mint one..Have not been yet..soon enough..
Take care and stay in he Ac...

Hugs,
Jen