Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Thank you everyone, I"m feeling better! :)

Friday, October 26, 2007
Well, I figured out yesterday afternoon why I was having so much trouble bouncing back from the stupid colonoscopy X's 2! I was laying around feeling so "PH-y" and kept getting more and more frustrated. I pulled up my website on Addison's Disease and was reading a section on the importance of increasing steroids during surgeries and had an "A-HA!" moment! I remembered hearing the GI doc saying to give me another 50 of IV steroids after the procedure. When I got up yesterday morning and looked at the list of instructions that the hospital sent home and it said to just take my regular dose of steroids. HELLO!!! It's very, very important to titrate down after a large dose of steroids until you get back to the prescribed dose. So, I called my beloved Dr. Husband and asked him about it and he told me that I was exactly right and to take some extra steroids! I did and within 30 minutes I was feeling better!! It's been a little bit up and down today as I try to figure out exactly how much to take, but I'm definitely feeling better!!

Anyway, I just wanted to share and to thank you again for all of your well wishes and very, very corny and crappy jokes!!

Much love
Annette

2 comments to Thank you everyone, I"m feeling better! :):

Di said...

Annette,
I am so glad that you finally figured out what you needed to do to feel better. I know it is a "crap shoot" (pardon the pun) with how much steroids to take, but they will help bring you around. I have sure been worried about you dear friend. I hope you have an even better day tomorrow.
Prayers are coming your way, di

Sue "T" said...

Annette,
I am so very very glad that you are feeling better honey. I loved that you had an "A-HA" moment. Thank goodness Dr. Husband was on the ball too and had you take some more steroids. The hospital should have known better than to send you home with a let down dose of Prednisone, shame on them!!!!
You have been through so much, and have bounced back each time. You are a very strong woman Annette Markin and I am so proud of you!! You are such an inspiration to all of us, to keep fighting and fighting and weathering the storms with lots of prayer and "umph".
Much love and many hugs and blessings,
Sue :-)