Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

My beloved husband called me a cockroach!!!

Thursday, July 26, 2007
And, it was a compliment! When Bud, Rod's Dad was fighting his battle with cancer, Rod had lovingly called him a "cockroach." He said that we were giving him all kinds of poison to kill of the cancer, and it was really, really strong chemo, (trials and such) and he kept hanging in there, fighting and doing well! He fought a brave, hard fight against pancreatic cancer, at age 84, for over 9 months! So, when he called Bud a "cockroach" we all knew it was Rod's way of giving a loving compliment!

So, last night as we were heading up to bed, Rod turns to me and says, "You know honey, you're pretty tough! You've been through some really hard things and you seem to be able to handle it. You're a cockroach!"

True love is in the air in the Markin household.

1 comments to My beloved husband called me a cockroach!!!:

Sue "T" said...

Annette,
Oh, that is so sweet!!! Only you and Rod can come up with something so yicky that sounds so romantic, loving and caring and so strong in your case.
I'm so glad you are doing so well, you have come a long way "baby", hehe.
Oh, if Bob called me that, I would hit him. :-)
Sue :-)