Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

A Quick "Hello."

Tuesday, October 5, 2010
I'm heading into the hospital tomorrow. I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy and endoscopy on Thursday morning. The plan is to find a cause for this anemia I'm been dealing with for a couple of months now. It's crazy how we "hurry up to wait" and "hurry up to wait" again in our society, getting no further than where we were before we started that insane dance!

So, today I prepared for being on a liquid diet for tonight and tomorrow before being admitted into the hospital. I've also had one of two Lovinox shots just for today that will help thicken my blood that I try to to thin on a regular basis with blood thinners.
I thought about going on a food binge...but I kept hearing the song, "Spinning Wheels" by Blood, Sweat and Tears...."What goes up, must come down..."....only in my head, the words changed a bit..."What goes in, must come out!" So, I decided that a "food binge" wasn't such a good move (so to speak).

Going to the hospital and, especially having to spend the night, is a big mess when you have Pulmonary Hypertension and Addison's disease which both require lots of drugs, ice bags and cassette's of mixed medicine.

I would love to ask you all to send a prayer my way and some good thoughts that things go well and that we finally get some answers and I can get back some energy.

Thanks for stopping by.
Thanks for checking in.
Thanks for reading.
Thanks for listening.

Annette

10 comments to A Quick "Hello.":

Di said...

I will be praying like crazy mad for you Annette, as well as the doctors. We need them to find the answers that you are looking for. Good thoughts and prayers are being sent your way.
hugs, di

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I checked your blog today and saw your message. You're always in my prayers and especially this week while you're in the hospital. Just look for all those prayers going up above.
Love, Donna

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

We're praying for a quick hospital stay and some answers!! Hope you are back home soon! We'll miss your smiling face at book club this week. Try to keep positive thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Oh Cutie,
Saying extra prayers fo you..ya really gonna have a Roto Rooter service..too funny about your food binge, I am happy you waited, maybe after all this crap ;)
Best of luck..hugs and prayers are with ya :))

dab said...

I'm adding my prayers, too. Please let us know if you need anything when you get home. It's a little known fact that Dairy Queen does deliver Blizzards on an emergency basis...I am a driver! love, Dee Ann

Jas said...

Sending prayers and hugs your way.Hope your tests go well .

Colleen said...

I will definitely be praying for you!! You need some answers, and you need to be feeling better! Big HUGS coming your way!!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and pray that the doctors will find an answer and you will get well.
May God's Peace Be With You.
LaDonna G.

Anonymous said...

The good ol' "Tops and Bottoms!" I thought the Miralax/Gatorade prep for my May colonoscopy would be a breeze since it was "only" 64 oz. instead of the usual 128. And it WAS much easier--until I ended up on the pot (or on the floor by it) through the night! Will be waiting to hear the "end" result of your tests. MJ