Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Fall in Nebraska!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I think that fall is the best time of the year to live in Nebraska. It's not too hot, it's not too cold. We call it the "Goldilocks Season" because it's just right! One of the first signs of fall in Nebraska is the when over 80,000 red adorned creatures migrate to the capitol city of Lincoln on Saturdays to watch our beloved Nebraska college football team, the Cornhuskers play (and hopefully win) football games! The state of Nebraska is a little crazy about their "Big Red Football!" I must admit that I'm not a football nut, but, it is quite a feeling being in the football stadium on Saturdays in the fall, with over 85,000 other fans, singing the National Anthem, followed by the Air National Guard flying jets over the crowd. Nebraska recently broke a college record of 300 consecutive sellouts! That record began in 1962!



Can you see the fighter jets?

They were flying so fast I couldn't get a very close shot!

TOUCHDOWN!!


Usually the temperatures average in the low 70's or high 60's during the fall months. But, the weather in Nebraska never feels like it needs to be "average" or follow the "rules." This last weekend we were surprised when our lovely fall colors turned white!! Depending on which part of town you live in we received 3-5 inches of the crap! I mean, "we received 3-5 inches of the beautiful, much needed precipitation!"





The older I get the more I appreciate snow, from the inside, sitting next to a fire, with a cup of hot chocolate...

But, not to worry! Since it's October in Nebraska, this is what I saw out of my window yesterday morning...



Now THIS is why I love living in Nebraska!

Thanks for checking in.
Thanks for reading.
Annette

1 comments to Fall in Nebraska!:

Anonymous said...

Wow..Snow already..LOL
I love the "Goldilocks"...LOL
Hope it does not get too cold fast..
Enjoy the nice Fall days..
Hugs:))

Ok I started at the top..Did not realize you had more than one update..LOL