Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Just stopping by to say "hello!"

Wednesday, March 11, 2009
I actually tried all last night to get some video downloaded and, as you can tell, I got nowhere. But, Chris is coming home for the weekend and he said he'd try to help.
It's been a busy around here. Monday night I went to P.E.O. I just love this group of women! They are so inspirational and caring. Plus, they have really good snacks at their meetings!! :)

Tuesday I went to Norris to volunteer. Unfortunately, the two first grade teachers had an "out of classroom" work day and didn't have anything prepared for me to work on with the kids. I hung out and tried to do a couple of things with some of the kids, but it was really a waste of my time. So, I decided I needed to do something fun since I went to all of the trouble of getting dressed and getting my "crap" together that's necessary when I have to go anywhere. So, I went to the mall!! I haven't been to the mall in ages! It was like a ghost town! There were quite a few empty store fronts and very few shoppers. I couldn't find any good clothes on sale, but I did find a new book to read. It's called, "On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet." I think it will be a good one.

We also have a house guest. A friend's Uncle (a farmer) had to come in from out of town to have a hip replacement. While he was in the hospital he developed a heart problem. He ended up staying a bit longer than expected in the hospital. Now he's in rehab, that happens to be located pretty close to our house. So, he wife is staying with us while he is going through rehab. It's been nice to have someone around because...

Rod is on his way to China! He'll be there until the beginning of next week. AND, Chris is coming home this weekend to "babysit" his Mom! It's going to be great! Nick might even be able to get away from work to have dinner with us over the weekend!

So, that's about it. Thanks for reading.
Annette

3 comments to Just stopping by to say "hello!":

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...Only a book at the Mall?? You are too good..LOL
Hope you behave while Rod is away...Those boys will keep you inline..
LOL I do wish we could mix our weather together and get a nice warm temp :))
Take care

Hugs,
Jen

Colleen said...

I'm sorry I couldn't help you more with the videos! I hope Chris can help you, because I'd really like to see them! Have a great visit when he's there!! :)
Love,
Colleen :)

Di said...

Enjoy your time with your son. Hopefully you will get lucky and be able to see them both!!! That will make Rod's trip to China easier to handle.
hugs, di